Sunday, September 28, 2008

Healthy Women's Expo

http://www.hemifoundation.org/

The Hemispherectomy Foundation was given it's first chance to participate in a promotional event last week. The Weatherford Regional Medical Center's Healthy Women's Expo chaired by Denise Romine was holding it's annual Expo, and we were invited to be a part of it.

It was such an honor to be invited to be a part of the event and it gave us a chance to get the foundation name out into the public.

Several of the Foundation leaders went out and set up a beautiful and educational booth for The Hemispherectomy Foundation and were there to answer questions, talk to people and generally promote the foundation. The ladies from the foundation were Caren Jennings, Lindy Shelton, Traci Cottrell, and Laura Rasnick. Kristi wanted to be there, but had to take Jessie to therapy, but was there in spirit.

Here are some pictures from this spectacular event. Be sure to be there next year. This is an event that you don't want to miss. Thanks Denise for letting us be a part of it.


4 comments:

Holly said...

the booth looks awesome, i was really happy to see my daughters picture hanging up :-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful honor to be present and represent these children. I too was happy to see Logan's picture. We continue to Pray for Jessie's full recovery and for your family.

Mary & Logan

Anonymous said...

Cris, if you get this message before 5pm this evening (10/1/08), could you please send me some questions you may have asked the surgeon about what to expect after brain surgery, especially within the first 48 hours? We get to speak with the surgeon one more time this evening and my brain doesn't want to think of any questions but I know I have some... if that makes sense. Thank you for leaving such a nice message on Jason's blog. He enjoyed hearing Jessie's story and it gave him hope and faith that things for him will be ok. He liked the part about being a Cowboys fan the best I think. We both are :o) I will continue to update my blog as things progress over the next few days and of course as much as I can afterwards. And of course I'll keep Jessie in my thoughts and prayers from now on because she has given us all so much inspiration to look forward regarding life after surgery. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

cris, almost every question you sent me was pertinent to his operation. Thank you so much! Some of things you mentioned jogged my memory so I'm glad you were able to help us out with that. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers <3