Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Kristi !!!

The ladies of Aledo had quite a surprise for Kristi tonight and WOW! did they make her feel special on her special night. I really don't know what to say about tonight other than it was unbelievable. Thank You for making my wife feel so special.

There were 100+ ladies on our front yard, with scarlet and black balloons (Texas Tech Colors), signs and banners, and gifts. They sang "Happy Birthday" to Kristi as she answered the door. She greeted the crowd, with tears rolling down her face, and I'm not sure she stopped crying completely the entire time that everyone was here.

I've never in my life seen such a supporting group of women. Kristi's best friends from Aledo were here, but also neighbors, ladies from school, church, baseball, and some ladies who had never met Kristi but wanted to show their support.

I want to thank all of you tonight for making Kristi's Birthday, one that she will cherish for as long as she lives.

I'm so sorry if we didn't get around to saying "hi" to everyone tonight. So please, if you were here, please post a short comment just letting us know that you were here...kindof an electronic registry. It all happened so fast, and we don't want to miss anyone.

Ladies, you are the foundation of Aledo. God Bless each one of you! God Bless Mary Poppins (aka Caren Jennings)







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR VERY SPECIAL GIRL. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I WISH WE COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR SURPRISE TONIGHT TOO.

LOVE YOU. MOM AND DAD

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday my wonderful friend!!! You deserve all the best this life has to offer! We love you! Eddie, Tina and Lucy

mominaledo said...

What a night! It meant a lot to be able to share it with you Kristi! Carrie Huhtanen

Anonymous said...

the gifts of love and best birthday wishes for kristi overwhelmed all in attendance from our beloved community. we all left with the cherished gifts of friendhip and community. what a treasure we have in aledo!

Anonymous said...

I was so honored to be apart of your birthday celebration! I too have a Kindergarten daughter at Stuard! We live on McDavid Ct. and across the street from Caren! We are big Tech fans as well!!! We continue to keep you lifted in our thoughts and prayers! Andrea Nelson

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was there too! Didn't you see me? Okay-so I wasn't. But way cool for all those gals and happy, happy, birhtday my firend.
Love,
Maura

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I wasn't there for this birthday and sisterhood celebration...but you were in my thoughts and I am so proud to be a part of this Aledo community that comes together in such unique ways to support and love one another. God Bless you all!