Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Wally Byam Airstream Club

04/27/2008

I just got off the phone with my Dad, Clifford Hall, who is a very active member of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (www.wbcci.org ) for Airstream trailer enthusiasts. He and my step-mom Gail had been out at a Chili-Cook-Off Airstream camp-out down near Houston this weekend.

Anyway, Friday morning, behind them was another trailer. A man was sitting outside, and Dad realized that he didn't know him, so went over to get acquainted. They talked about many things and other guys came and went. At some point, they discussed grandchildren. Dad told him about Matt, Jake, Josh, and eventually got around to Jessie and her battle with Rasmussen's Encephalitis. Suddenly, the man asked, "What is her name?" When Dad told him , he was amazed. The man said, "We have been praying for her for a month."

Dad asked, how he had heard about Jessie. The man explained that he had been on a caravan to the Region 9 rally about a month ago and someone mentioned praying for her. He said that Jessie had been on his mind ever since. He was asked to be the speaker at the devotional service that morning and he talked a lot about divine intervention and a reason for things happening. He told all he knew about Jessie.

We want to extend our thanks to the Wally Byam Caravan Club International and to all the people who have raised Jessie up in prayer. We knew that our daughter was special, but we had no idea the number of lives that she is touching.

God Bless all of you.

Kristi and Cris Hall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, of all, I'm, the guy in the Airstream behind your Dad's at the recent Chili Cook-Off. I am a firm believer in Divine Intervention. I hope that in some way thru God's plan our "meeting" was able to lift your family up to our Lord. The entire group of Airstreamers (140+) was able to hear about Jessie at our dinner and I know that many of them will extend their prayers for her.

We also took up a love offering for Jessie in our Sunday morning devotional and I'm pleased to say that we collected $215 that will be forwarded to one of the funds set up for Jessie and family. The love offering will be presented from "Airstreams for Jessie"

I can only imagine the trials that you must be going through during this, but I'm confident that God will place His comforting arms around you and give you a peace beyond any of our understanding. I and my church family and all of their extended families now know about Jessie and are all lifting her up in prayer. I know God will do something spectacular here and we give Him the Glory!

Jessie said...

Thank You. The Airstream Club has been a part of my life as long as I can remember, and it means so much to my Dad. He always talks about how great the people are in the club and it is absolutely true. God Bless WBCCI and the wonderful things that they do.
Cris and Kristi Hall